Sponsors of clinical trials – and organizations that execute clinical trials – consistently identify the need for well trained and qualified people at all levels to execute studies. Fast-paced clinical trials and the pressures to quickly and effectively meet project milestones can be overwhelming. Furthermore, there is no “best practice” out there for closing the gaps in training programs. Many who are charged with ensuring trained and qualified staff are new to the world of training, and may have little to no formal education on how to design and deliver effective instruction. Now that industry has newly-identified standards for clinical research competencies that add value to training programs in organizations of all sizes, effective delivery of such information is still lacking.
Until training goes beyond tracking the reading of SOPs, issues with quality and performance will plague clinical trial execution. Fortunately, there are options which will allow you to staff a highly-trained and effective clinical team.
This 90-minute course will give you practical ideas related to leading an exceptional clinical research training program. Course content will answer the following questions:
- What should I do to identify the training needs, and how do I prioritize what to do first?
- How do I design a curriculum to go beyond SOP training?
- What are some of the options for program delivery and how should I evaluate them?
After attending this interactive live session, you will be able to:
- Use newly-developed standards for clinical research competencies to identify the gaps in your organization’s skills
- Identify the right programs to close those gaps, applying principles of adult learning to evaluate content
- Discuss the landscape of program options and list the steps to select and engage training vendors