The requisite set of skills needed to perform the tasks of a Medical Affairs (MA) professional has traditionally been a matter of opinion. Some firms prefer to hire physicians or those with deep clinical/medical experience. Others covet the business sensibilities and acumen that are more akin to uncovering opportunity. The truth is, with the varied responsibilities and regulatory requirements of these positions and the business needs, the answer is a mixture of all of the above…and then some.
This course will outline what core competencies you should covet in the Medical Affairs role. These include intrinsic personality traits, experience, and more. The content will also allow you to identify and seek the qualities needed for your ideal MA to work in your specific environment.
At the completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of having a holistic approach to individual skill development in Medical Affairs
- Identify the core and supporting skills required in each area of Medical Affairs
- Utilize best practices in building a competency model and assessing individuals
Resources Available With This Course:
- Medical Affairs Competency Model
- Competency Self-Assessment Worksheet