Regardless of your job, change can be daunting. Sometimes change is driven by mergers and corporate acquisitions. Other times, it is a result of growth or scale-up. The constant is that change can be painful – personally, professionally, and operationally. However, there are practical ways to make change work FOR you and not AGAINST you.
In this webinar you will explore the reasons why people resist change and learn how to use your strengths and those of your colleagues to better handle each changing situation.
During this 90-minute session, you will:
- Understand the psychology of change and how to manage the additional stress it brings
- Explore the emotional, behavioral and psychological reactions to challenging change situations
- Assess yourself against a list of typical behaviors to assess your own stress level and how you are expressing it physically and behaviorally
- Learn what positive actions you can take to address these reactions and choose which ones you will implement
For managers, you will learn:
- How do I get my team to “buy in” – keeping your staff focused
- Finding the silver lining: highlight the good, mitigate the bad
- How to use incentives and other motivational tools to keep “eyes on the prize”
Additionally, you will learn techniques to help you and your team handle change in a demanding work environment, and discover the typical behaviors people slip into when faced with change. Plus, you will learn how these reactions can contribute to or impede progress.