Cell therapies have the potential to revolutionize the biopharmaceutical world, but today’s processes, logistics, and delivery make for a challenging entry into this sector. As the industry evolves, we will have to answer (at least) three important questions when bringing these exciting new therapies to market:
- What benefit does the therapy provide in terms of patient longevity and product efficacy?
- What will the cost of the new therapy be, especially in the early stages of low volumes, and how can process manufacturing impact that cost?
- How can we, as an industry, provide the therapy that requires (in some cases) the patient to be resident/connected for cell collection and re-infusion, given that the scale of operation may force the providers to have only one national manufacturing site for the therapy?
Answers to questions like these continue to permeate the business, management, and ethics of an entirely new generation of healthcare. Innovative and effective cell therapy treatments are advancing in the R&D pipeline, but cost and logistical challenges have been limiting the commercial success of the selected therapies that have been approved. The considerations on the road to commercialization for cell therapy take on a higher level of complexity than those for traditional biopharmaceuticals. These are the challenges that the manufacturing industry must face, but thankfully there are some early answers.
Join us for our 90-minute webinar, where we will provide answers to the questions while outlining the following:
- Best practices for developing a blueprint for Cell Therapy product development – planning for success
- The implementation of a plan and tips for continuous improvement
- Some pitfalls those who have walked this path before you have encountered, and how to avoid them
- Steps to ensure long term success that you can build into your plan from the beginning