Six Sigma, a well-known certification within the manufacturing world, has concepts and practices that you can easily apply to routine activities in clinical research.
Formal certification takes a significant investment of time, resources, and budget. However, applying Six Sigma best practices doesn’t require certification! We’ve filtered out what will maximize your efficiencies and effectiveness in your trial operations.
This course introduces you to several tools recognized in Six Sigma certification training and demonstrates how you can leverage these simplified, modified versions tools in your clinical operations.
- Recognize Lean Six Sigma concepts and how you can implement them into a clinical trial setting
- Describe research challenges you can mitigate by using Six Sigma tools
- Recognize current Six Sigma tool uses and how they may impact your clinical trial
- Identify key questions to consider when determining if a process is “lean”
- Determine where to appropriately utilize Six Sigma in your studies